Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Speech--Letter P

This week we are working with the "P" sound on the speech board.

Letter "P" words:
purple
panda
Pam
pan
party
pinwheel
peach
plate
pay
police
potato
pink
pancake
pear
peas
pig
purse
pop
Pooh
pants
up

I had really liked having the picture cards on the felt board, but Izzie had them all over the house and even lost several. So, I came up with a solution...I hole punched each card, grouped them by letter, and then placed each letter group on a shower curtain ring (I bought a pack of 12 at Wal-mart for $2.00). Now, Izzie still has access to them, but they aren't scattered everywhere.

I even attached her microphone (she uses it to practice saying her words) with yarn to a shower curtain ring.

2 comments:

  1. I have a question for you. Are Izzie's words approximations or clear? Shower curtain rings are such a good idea!

    I do have an answer for you about reading old comments. You can go to settings...comments...and put in your email address. You'll be emailed about comments if you like. I choose to be emailed about comments older than 2 days old. That way I'm not constantly trying to guess and remember what posts had what comments...especially now that I have more than one or two comments per post (often anyway). Some people have all comments emailed to them. One thing that is nice is you can email the person right back if it uses their real address. If you don't figure it out, I can give you clearer instructions!

    Funny thing...I've only known about it for less than a month. I had to ask my blogging cousin after getting frutrated! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...