Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Last Minute Stocking Stuffer

I really like the concept of the Melissa and Doug See and Spell, but was disappointed when I found out that it came with only 16 different words to spell. So, I started thinking how I could "make" Izzie her own See and Spell with more words...

I bought the Magnetic Wooden Alphabet by Melissa and Doug. I love that this set includes the lower case letters too. Izzie can identify all the upper case letters, but still has a difficult time with a few lower case letters. I created a few simple words for Izzie by tracing the wooden letters and adding clip art.

The magnetic wooden letters are wrapped and under the tree, while the See and Spell homemade cards are waiting to be stuffed in Izzie's stocking.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I have been wanting one but have not broken down to buy one yet. I'm glad I waited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also made my own set of see and spell after my mother gave us these same magnets. I didn't realize the M and D see and spell only came with 16 words.. That is so disappointing. You can see one of the cards I made here http://theadventuresofbear.blogspot.com/2009/11/see-and-spell.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those great job! your so talented!

    i have an award for you on my art blog!

    have a great New Years Eve

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...