Friday, March 12, 2010

Calendar Time

I really enjoy browsing through teacher stores...looking for inspiration and great resources! Last summer at the beach, I stopped in one and bought a huge calendar kit. I was totally excited about my purchase, but really didn't know what I was going to do with it or how to incorporate it into our daily routine. Well, thanks to all the mommy bloggers, I have found so many creative ideas to use with the calendar for Izzie. I finally got around to putting it together...

After seeing this calendar, I decided to use a giant cork board for the calendar. The black numbers are reusable clingy numbers that came with the kit, and are a little flimsy. I really wanted Izzie to be able to "add" the correct number each day, so I added Velcro to each number square and printed off these cute heart numbers for her to add each day.

I also included spots for the "day", "weather", and "feelings".

I used Microsoft Word's clipart to create the weather and feeling cards.


Each morning, Izzie is so excited to complete her calendar activities!


It's taken me so long to write this post that we're already into March! Just wanted to share these cute rainbow calendar numbers too.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job with your calendar! We just picked up our calendar set at the Dollar Tree and put it up this week. I love the idea to use the velcro! Thank you for that tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fun, interactive calendar. My little girl looks forward to completing our "Tell Me About Today" chart every morning. These types of resources are great for learning numbers and days of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...