Friday, June 25, 2010

Personalized Barrette Holder

I recently made two personalized barrette holders and I'm thrilled with them!

I found 2 unfinished photo frames on clearance at Michael's for $1 each. I painted them white and attached pink and green ribbon (paint and ribbon free from my craft cabinet). I then added an already painted "Princess" sign to the top, again, found at Michael's for 99 cents each. I wanted to make them sparkle, so I added flashy pink and silver rhinestones (Michael's for $1.50 after using a 50% off coupon). I glued the rhinestones to the Princess topper and the sides of the picture frame. Back near the unfinished frames, I discovered a shelf of lacing beads and objects for children necklaces. I loved the frog and flowers packet. Each packet ($1) came with one frog, two flowers, several beads, and a necklace string. Finally, using puffy paint (free from craft cabinet), I wrote the names on the bottom. The total project cost $7. 50.

Now, all is needed is a picture for each frame and barrettes!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE them! Did you use puffy paint for the names? The pink and green together is great, too.

    Thanks for linking to me-your interpretation is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...