Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tot School: Colors!

Tot School shelf for the week...


1. Homemade Montessori Color Tablets

Simply made out of cardboard, paint chips from Lowe's, and Mod Podge.

Matching up the color tablets.

2. Lacing Activities

The cat lacing card came in a box of lacing cards from Target last Christmas on the dollar aisle! The wooden cheese and mouse was a yard sale find, for only 50 cents!


3. Sorting Color Blocks

Color foam blocks came from the dollar aisle at Target.


4. Nuts and Bolts

These nuts and bolts were also purchased this summer in the dollar aisle at Target!


5. Matching Colors and Textures Puzzle

I started her with only three puzzles, then increased the amount later in the week.


6. Empty Parmaeasn Cheese container with pipe cleaners.


Other learning activities during the week...

Matching color cubes to correct color

I bought this white paint palette at Michael's for 99 cents, then taped different color paper into each section.

Completing the pocket chart

Color cards from here.

Learning the nursery rhyme, Hickory, Dickory, Dock.

Reviewing the words...behind, inside, outside, and on.

Lots of stamping with the dot markers

Favorite toys from the week...

Melissa and Doug Bounding Bench

Fisher Price Doodle Board

Puzzles, puzzles, and more puzzles!


Milestones from the week...

Learning and mastering how to use scissors! I found these AMAZING scissors that are PERFECT for beginners!

Paper was a little flimsy for her to hold and cut, so I gave her craft foam.

Long strips of craft foam...I drew multiple lines on each strip for her to cut. This was her FAVORITE activity of the week!

Adding legs to her floating heads!

Book of the week: Mouse Paint

Retelling the story with the story props.

Mixing Colors

Painting the Letter M

Mouse Paint Masterpiece!

To see other Tot Activities, please hop over to 1+1+1=1.

Tot School
Mac was 30 months old

3 comments:

  1. Wow what an awesome week!! I love all the color activities! And I never thought of using craft foam for cutting. I'll have to try that with my son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great learning week. I keep things I would love to do list next to me as I look at blogs and my pen was working like mad while reading your post! My son would love many of these things. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter must have loved all the colour activities you provided! I love the cutting practice. I think I will look into those scissors! We have tried normal ones aimed at kids but they are too difficult for my little one to manage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...