Thursday, January 5, 2012

Refrigerator Clean Out!

Ahhh...the refrigerator...do I need to say more? I must admit that I dislike cleaning the refrigerator...and when I do, it doesn't take long for it to become a mess, again! One of my new year's resolution is to live a healthier lifestyle...eating healthier, exercising more, etc. This tends to be my resolution, every year, and somewhere between Jan 15 and Feb 1...I tend to go back to old habits. This year, I'm taking a different approach. I'm going to conquer the "walls" that are standing in my way to achieve my goal. So, I decided to start with the refrigerator....clean out the junk and fill it up with healthy accessible food! Accessible food is the "key" for me. During the day, I seem to graze all day; therefore, I have no idea really how much I'm eating. And, honestly, it's easier to grab a handful of goldfish; instead of, tossing together a salad. So, my goal is to store our refrigerator with healthy accessible food! Sounds simple, right?

Before picture...

After picture...

Top Shelf...veggies washed and cut...

Middle shelf...homemade granola balls and bars (great healthy snacks) and container of hard boiled eggs (just need to peel them!)

Down bottom...already prepared meals, such as, salads. I made a huge salad and then divided it into smaller containers, which will be perfect for lunch. Simply add some microwave grilled chicken (60 seconds) and BOOM, lunch is served!

Here's to a new healthier year!

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...